Adult Nominations into the Order of the Arrow
Each year, upon holding a unit election for youth candidates that results in at least one youth candidate being elected, the unit committee may nominate registered unit adults (age 21 or older) to the lodge adult selection committee. The number of adults nominated can be no more than two (2) adults per three (3) youth.
In addition, the unit committee may nominate the currently serving unit leader (but not assistant leaders), as long as he or she has served as unit leader for at least the previous twelve months. Recommendations of the lodge adult selection committee, with the approval of the Scout executive, serving as Supreme Chief of the Fire, will be candidates for induction, provided the following conditions are fulfilled:
Selection of the adult is based on the ability to perform the necessary functions to help the Order fulfill its purpose, and not for recognition of service, including current or prior achievement and positions.
The individual will be an asset to the Order because of demonstrated abilities that fulfill the purpose of the Order.
The camping requirements set forth for youth members are fulfilled.
The adult leader’s membership will provide a positive example for the growth and development of the youth members of the lodge.
Adult nomination forms are due on December 31st of each year.
Adult Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- Be a registered BSA adult leader age 21 or older.
- Meet the same camping requirements as those for youth candidates.
- Be an asset to the Order and be a positive role model for youth.
- Have a nomination form submitted and approved by Lodge selection committee and council camping committee.
- Each unit may select adult candidates equal to 2/3 of the youth members elected (rounded up) plus the unit leader if he or she is not a member of the Order of the Arrow.